LET’S MAKE SOMETHING! LET’S IGNITE CURIOSITY WITH HANDS-ON ACTIVITIES THAT EXPLORE THE ART OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING AND MATH (STEM), WITH AN ALL-NEW MAKER SPACE POWERED BY TEACHERGEEK®. WE CAN’T WAIT TO GET STARTED THIS JUNE!
WEEK 1 – WIGGLE BOTS: entering 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade students. Classes will be held on Monday through Friday for one week.| TIME: 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. | JUNE: 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
WEEK 2 – JUNIOR BOTS: entering 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students. Classes will be held Monday through Friday for one week. | TIME: 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. | JUNE: 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Small class size, 6:1 instruction model, objective-based lessons and hands-on activities promote a positive learner experience!
REGISTRATION HERE: SUMMER LINK PROGRAM 2019
Last year we introduced the Maker Space powered by TeacherGeek® learning tools for entering 1st to 6th grade students. We are extremely excited with how all students enjoyed the hands-on activities planned daily. The goal of this program is for your child to practice their curiosity of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) in an engaging way.
Each day is a new adventure! In the morning, your child will closely notice a working model, (i.e., rubber band race car, toy mobile, sail car, catch-that-bug moving model), understand what the model does, how and why it works for the purpose intended. Then, throughout the day your child will be asked to tinker and build a model of their own. To accomplish this goal, our team will guide your child through age appropriate tasks, reading instructions step-by-step, and practice with real everyday tools that are made specially for small hands.
Why do our kids have so much fun in the Summer Link Program? Children can unplug from everything ordinary, T.V., and video games, and instead enjoy one full week of hands-on creative activities that are liked and enjoyed with peers, while having the greatest time socializing and engaged in learning. This is an awesome way to start the summer!
- Kids get “really good at this STEM stuff!”
- Students can see the application and relevance of Math, Science, Design Thinking & reading.
- Their is NO perfect solution to their design. Instead, students learn to develop gradually, from a simple to a more complex design, until they are satisfied and it works.
- Kids learn to use real tools! Our engineering activities teach students to use tools and technology with a purpose.
- During free time, self-directed academic activities launch them towards true engineering challenges.