All NEW hands-on content-area activities will motivate your child in the areas of reading, math, science, sight words, phonics and more. All students share opportunities to practice classroom skills, such as cooperation, reasoning, communication, and respect.
WHAT ARE SHOE BOX LEARNING CENTERS?
These multiple subject activities front-load basic fundamentals that students need for the following school year. For example, depending on the grade, students must learn certain numbers, place values and be able to count by Base 10 blocks by the first weeks of school. What better way of starting the school year with a bit a knowledge in those areas! When classroom teachers begin to model those ‘new’ subjects, Shoe Box kids will have prior experience to show. The outcome of our goals would then be that students will learn better with less stress in the classroom.
In this experience, teachers plan multiple subject activities and place all the materials needed into a ‘shoe box’ kit. Students get to select various boxes to run during guided rotations. Each session brings new surprises, books, and activities to share. Plus, it’s all hands-on.
- Build automaticity with numbers and sight words
- Practice reading comprehension and problem solving
- Frontload vocabulary to facilitate comprehension
- Practice multiple subject area activities
- Apply important literacy skills
- Guide reading – based on student interest, Lexile & Accelerated Reader (A.R.) levels
- Storytime – focus and listening
- Practice independent skills during craft time
- Hands-on learning!
DATES: June 23rd – July 18th – Mondays and Wednesdays
TIME: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
GRADE: K – 3rd
PRINT YOUR PROGRAM PDF FLYER: SUMMER LINK PROGRAM 2014
CALL TODAY FOR EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT: 760.777.0881
E-MAIL: INFO@CVLIGHTHOUSE.COM • WWW.CVLIGHTHOUSE.COM • LA QUINTA, CA 92253