A primary goal of Coachella Valley Lighthouse – Learning, Behavior & Development, is to increase our clients’ quality of instruction and make a positive difference in the academic career of students. We achieve this by providing individualized, 1:1 and small group services to our clients.
We work as a team to provide engaging instruction in multiple subjects: math, reading, writing and more. In addition, we teach learning strategies and study skills needed to acquire new information, leading to mastery of the subject.
An academic coach takes the time to know student learning modalities and promote academic success. Further, an academic coach is flexible with client scheduling and provides personal attention. Your skills, our proven tutoring approach, and computer-adaptive monitoring technology, allows us to mentor with confidence.
OUR EFFECTIVE TUTORS:
- Teach, using researched based approach
- Monitor, document, and evaluate progress
- Guide instruction, motivate and interact during instruction
- Use equipment and materials, provided by center, student, or personal
- Communicate, we work as a team
- Engage learning, establish rapport, make learning meaningful
- Reward students for assignments well done and their personal best!
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Teaching credential
- Teaching or tutoring experience
- Strong communication skills
- Bilingual skills (preferred)
- Experience with standardized testing programs like SAT®, ACT®, GED®, etc. (preferred)
- Upon hire, complete background check, Live Scan, TB test, and submit proof of immunizations/vaccinations
If you are interested in joining our team, contact us via email or U.S. mail and provide:
- three professional references
- contact information
Coachella Valley Lighthouse
78900 Avenue 47, Ste. 105
La Quinta, CA 92253
$16.00 – 24.00+ (hourly DOE)
POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED – We will continue to accept resumes for future consideration. We will hold your resume for one year from the date submitted.
Last Updated: 4/1/2016