A primary goal of Coachella Valley Lighthouse – Learning, Behavior & Development, is to increase our clients’ quality of life by using the technology of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). We achieve this by providing individualized, 1:1 ABA services to our clients in their homes, schools and community settings. The purpose of our ABA programs is to decrease engagement in challenging behaviors and increase functional and socially appropriate behaviors using evidence-based, best practices based on the large body of empirical research that has been conducted in the field of ABA. We provide ABA programs for children and young adults with developmental disabilities (primarily Autism Spectrum Disorder).
OUR EFFECTIVE THERAPISTS:
- Work directly with client(s) in their home or community implementing individualized treatment plan under the direction of a behavior analyst (BCBA)
- Teach, using research-based ABA approach
- Accurately monitor, document, and evaluate progress
- Guide instruction, motivate the client and interact with client during instruction
- Use equipment and materials, provided by center, student, or personal
- Communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues, families, and other stakeholders; we work as a team!
- Engage learning, establish rapport, make learning meaningful
- Reward students for their personal best!
- Follows CVLs policies and procedures
- Are openly flexible and responsible in working with multiple children at one time, when necessary
- Manage inappropriate behaviors that may occur
- Facilitate interactions with peers
- Provide toilet training support (may be required for some clients)
- Represent CVL in a positive light while being courteous and professional with families, organizations, and clients
- Become fluent in the understanding of the Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VB-MAPP)
- Work collaboratively with the program supervisor and other members of the treatment team
- Travel to and/or between client homes
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of 12 semester hours of college coursework in psychology, education, social work, behavioral science, human development, or related fields and currently enrolled in a course of study leading to an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree by an accredited college or university or –
- Minimum of 48 semester hours of college courses in an accredited college or university or –
- High school diploma or GED and 500 hours of employment providing paraprofessional services
- Availability 30-35 hours per week for full-time staff and at least 10 hours per week (2 hours per day) for part-time staff.
- Must have reliable transportation and auto insurance and be willing to drive.
- Background in Applied Behavior Analysis and/or managing children with challenging behaviors (preferred)
- Bilingual skills (preferred)
- Upon hire, complete background check, Live Scan, CPR, First Aid, TB test, and submit proof of immunizations/vaccinations
- Upon hire, complete all requirements for becoming a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) in accordance with the BACB guidelines (training provided)
- ADA Requirements (essential functions required of all positions; time frames are approximations and vary between part-time & full-time positions):
- Sitting 5 – 8 hours/day
- Standing 0.5 – 1 hour/day
- Walking 1 – 2 hours/day
- Use of telephone 2 – 3 hours/day
- Bend, twist, kneel, stoop, run, reach in all directions, and crawl 0.5 – 1 hour/day
- Working under pressure 3 4 hours/day
- Driving from client to client 2 – 3 hours/day
- Working rapidly for long periods 4 – 5 hours/day
- Use of keyboard/computer, tablet, printer, fax or copier 4 – 5 hours/day
- Position requires close work, finger dexterity, good vision, hearing, oral communication, and critical thinking on a regular basis
- Position may also require occasional lifting and carrying of 30 pounds or more
- May occasionally work for longer than 8 hours/day
If you are interested in joining our team, contact us via email or U.S. mail and provide:
- three professional references
- contact information
Coachella Valley Lighthouse
78900 Avenue 47, Ste. 105
La Quinta, CA 92253
- $15.00 – 20.00+ hourly (DOE)
- Mileage at the rate of $0.57 (between clients only)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS – We are currently accepting resumes for part-time behavior therapist. Part-time staff needs to be available Monday through Saturday, at least 10 hours per week (3 hours per day) between the hours of 12:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. and Saturday between 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Last Updated: 4/1/2016